Thursday, June 17, 2010

The coreytyhurst.com Journey Continues- With the Help of Empire Avenue

So I'm still struggling with trying to drive traffic to my Facebook fan page. I think perhaps once I get a beta version of the website up it will be easier to solicit info from people than just a pdf mockup. Luckily for me, my readers are not swayed by a mere $25. This tells me I have classy readers! Whining aside, I've signed up with a new service that I have already began seeing results on; Empire Avenue.

Check out the YouTube video below explaining Empire Avenue in more detail... It's a little bland, but a hell of a lot better than I would do!


Essentially the game is a stock market program where you or your company is a stock that is measured on the value of your influence on the web. You link it to your Facebook, Twitter, RSS Feeds, and Flickr so that it can measure your influence and allow other influencer's to buy shares in you.

I've already met some very active, influential people through the service, including William Pitcher (RZR), who is a philanthropist turned Empire Avenue guru at http://empirebuilding.tumblr.com/. I highly recommend you check him out, as he's leading the thinking on Empire Avenue strategy, and definitely a stock to watch.

I think the site has obvious potential for the professional blogger/influencer, but the average joe can find value in it too. I'm probably not going to be pushing my stock price up over 20 because I just don't have enough time to spend posting and blogging (although I really wish I did!), but I've already found a ton of cool blogs to check out, and am quasi-networking with people who are clearly interested in the web and social media. I've even seen people send out advertisements of "Buy shares in me and I will help you with any problem you are having on the web". An Interesting premise!

Stay tuned for my next post I plan on talking about why platforms like Empire Avenue are not a fad, and are a new reality of the connected world.

No comments:

Post a Comment