Wednesday, November 30, 2011

What I Learned At The Art Of Sales Conference

I attended the Art of Sales the other day courtesy of my good friends Robert Lavigne at The Digital Grapevine and Robert Kavanagh at the Art of Sales. I wouldn't have been able to afford to go on my own, and with the help of these fine gentleman, I was able to participate at a discounted rate and now I can spread some of the great knowledge I learned to the masses (LOL) who read this blog.

My Initial Takeaways From The Conference- Courtesy of Robert Lavigne:



Other Things I learned at the Art of Sales:
1- From Barbara Corcoran I learned that there are only two kinds of people in the world; expanders and containers. I also learned that when you combine expanders and containers (diversity) you can do great things.

2- I learned that when you ask someone to raise their hand as high as they can they never go full out the first time because they expect that you will always ask them for more from Seth Godin

3- I learned that I wasn't crazy for making a list of people who I needed to meet and interact with in order to further my career from Keith Ferrazzi

4- I learned that my challenge is to unlearn how to be boring vs. learning how to be fun from Sally Hogshead

5- I learned that business is the most power force in society from Jerry Greenfield. Church and Government used to play critical roles in our lives but as time goes on corporations are playing the roles that these institutions used to fill.

Seth Godin Getting Ready To Sign Some Autographs
Other Cool Things:
-I met two great gentlemen from Brantford, Robert Langley and Bill Jol
-I got a signed copy of Seth Godin's book, Poke The Box
-LinkedIn Canada was on site doing professional headshots. This was really cool, as my current pic is over 1.5 years old! New online visual incoming!

Overall, it was a great day and a worthwhile investment of time, money, and energy. The next Art of Event is in the Spring of 2012... stay tuned!

No comments:

Post a Comment