Sunday, March 21, 2010

Last.fm is pretty cool if your are an audiophile... could use a better UI

I signed up for Last.fm today and I've been pretty impressed so far in terms of music selection. 

Think of lastfm like a mashup of Facebook and MySpace music profiles. As you may or may not know, management at MySpace has been shifting around (read leaving) quite a bit lately, so that could potentially help people make the switch from MySpace... we can only hope.

Either way, it was easy to set up lastfm and import my library, but i must say I think the user experience leaves one wanting. I downloaded the built in tool (with a cool name like Scrobbler who could resist?) and it automatically shares my itunes playlists with my profile... easy! However I wish it there was a button to just "play all" from an album instead of having to listen to the radio channel... maybe I'm just doing something wrong, but when I look up Dr. Dre and I want to listen to a certain album, thats pretty much what I'm there for.

I also don't like how when you leave the radio station on it automatically adds the songs to you last played, even if you skip it.... maybe this is just something I need to turn off. :p

Anyways, overall it's a pretty cool site and a great way to expand your musical horizon


ps: My gf just decided she's going to start her own blog, she just needs a topic... more to come on that!




No comments:

Post a Comment