Monday, July 26, 2010

My First Case of Writers Block

I never thought I'd be THAT guy.... the one who is up in the wee hours of the morning trying to work on his blog posts. To top it all off, with my never ending stream of opinions on everything, I'd never think I would be the guy with the writer's block. Sometimes no matter what you write it just doesn't flow the way you want!


Alas, here I am. I don't think I should be surprised however, given my history.

I've never considered myself much of a writer even though I think I've always showed some of the characteristics of a blogger. I enjoy staying up late, I work the best when I feel like working; not at some predetermined hour, and I thrive off of deadlines.

The only reason I'm even up at this hour on a Sunday is because I'm on vacation from my day job this week. I must admit though, I haven't been sleeping well lately. I am truly excited about the launch of www.empireavenue.com, and I'm so happy that I have been able to participate in the site since the early beta stages.

During my undergrad in Business Economics, I frequently wrote my papers and marketing plans in the wee hours of the morning, but yet somehow the thought of staying up late and writing articles seemed like something that was in my realm of interest. I must say, since I've started this blog in January, and from my last month or so blogging with www.empirebuilding.net, I think this is becoming a secret passion of mine.

Now that I've distracted myself for a bit on the advice of Cliff over at the Empire Building Network, I wonder if I can go back and finish the damn work that I wanted to get done tonight. Hell hath no fury for a guy trying not to wake up his gf in the other room while he figures out what the hell he wants to write about.

No comments:

Post a Comment