Saturday, February 6, 2010

Funny How Priorities Change In Life


I would classify myself has a night owl.... DEFINITELY not a morning person. It beats me how I managed to get hooked up with a girlfriend who loves the morning more than life itself! However, I think its been a great influence on me. First of all, I have to get up early for work anyways, so really all I needed was an attitude change towards the mornings. Second of all, she introduced me to coffee... and while I still don't like the idea of being dependent on it to have a great morning, it really does help.

I'm writing about this on this fine morning because i woke up at 8am with out an alarm (mind you this is sleeping in compared to weekdays) and cleaned my entire apartment b/c some friends are coming over around lunch. If you had asked me 12 months ago if I would be getting up at 8am to tidy up and scrub toilets, I would have called you crazy... but alas, here we are.... now I wonder how I can get this done via the internet?

Don't want to make this too much of a rant... but I do want to say this: It was a very tough adjustment going from university life (sleep whenever, getup whenever, party whenever) to a more structured work week... but once you make the change (I think it was about 4-5 months before my body started becoming agreeable), it is glorious!! I've already been up for 2 hours... my place is clean, I can do whatever I want for the next couple hours, and then I still have the whole day ahead of me.... plus the buzz from the coffee helps!

POINT: Everyone once in a while, embrace the morning and be happy you are alive!

No comments:

Post a Comment